Thursday 12 March 2009

Placement Hunting

The daunting process of searching for a yearlong placement continues. I orginally ruled out moving to London, but this mindset has changed. With the economy in tatters, I have become increasingly aware that the best placements are in London. I have taken a deep breath, and am now prepared to move to the capital.

I have applied for a renowned football club in London, and a top public sector company in which I am waiting for responses. With my name, I am hoping that it will propel me into the sports industry. After all it is a unique selling point.

Despite the ongoing recession, I am being selective about which jobs to apply for. I want to go somewhere in which I see long-term prospects, not just a stop-gap for a year. However, I must realise that I have got to look to a wider audience to ensure I attain a placement year. The last thing I want to do is being forced back to University without gaining the experience of a year in industry.

Staying on top of workloads, attending university as well as finding both short and long term placements is quite a challenge, but I remain determined and focused.

Fingers crossed, will keep you updated!

No comments: